With every critic comparing the Mortal Instruments to Twilight and rolling their eyes at another teen franchise, I’m sorry to say, I’m an adult and I absolutely LOVE the Mortal Instruments. That being said, here are reasons why the Mortal Instruments will beat Harry Potter and Twilight.
1. The Shadowhunters are descended from angelic blood mixed with human blood, making them blessed.
Sorry Harry Potter. The Shadowhunters are faster, more powerful, and don’t need spells to fight. Just runes, and in Jace’s case, a black motorcycle that runs on demon energy. Twilight vamps, better get on Raphael’s good side. Oh, it helps to have fangs, by the way.
2. They have a warlock that throws awesome parties.
I mean, seriously. Where else can you attend a party where you have vampires, werewolves, fairies, and Shadowhunters all at the same time?
3. Even without a stele (wand for Harry Potter), they are still powerful.
Shadowhunters kill demons for a living. They use all sorts of weapons fashioned from a blessed material. So, Twilight vamps and wolves: what are you all worried about?
4. Shadowhunters have a home country.
A home country where Shadowhunters are essentially raised and sent where needed. And they have a whole country to themselves.
5. Their werewolves aren’t hairless Chihuahuas, neither are they mindless.
In the third Harry Potter movie, their representation of what a werewolf was brought to mind a hairless Chihuahua. Unfortunately for Twilight, we don’t get to see werewolves in that one. But Aro said that most were wiped out. Sorry, I would take a werewolf over a vamp any day.
6. There’s going to be more books in the series than Harry Potter and Twilight combined.
The Infernal Devices, The Mortal Instruments, and the newest series (which won’t come out until a couple years down the road) is called the Dark Artifices.
So, there you have it. I can’t wait to see how they adapt City of Ashes, can you?